- Have You Considered Spanish Revival Architecture for Your New Custom Home?
- Graduate Master Builder Designs Durable, Energy Efficient Homes
- Experience Matters
- BubbleLife Online Local News Features Alford Homes Residence at 6813 Mulhouse Court – which is For Sale in Normandy Estates, Plano
- Custom Homes with Amenities Galore
- New Spanish Revival Home For Sale in Normandy Estates in Plano
- Elevating Farmhouse Architecture to the Next Level with Urban Farmhouse Design
- 5 Step Turn-key Homebuilding Process
- 5 Ways to a Greener Home
- Take a Tour of a High Performance Home this Weekend in University Park
- Alford Homes offers its Latest French Country Estate in the Park Cities
- A Builder’s Perspective: Choosing a Community to Build a Custom Home
- Custom Mud Rooms for New Luxury Homes
- Master Bathroom, Master Closet Trends 2016
- Attics are More Than Just for Storage. See New Ideas and Trends 2016.
- “White & Bright” Kitchen Trends 2016.
- Announcing Our New Luxury Home in Plano
- Your New Luxury Custom Home: Many Options for Library Wall Treatments
- Which Fireplace Mantels Are Right for Your Luxury Custom Home?
- Tips from Your Luxury Custom Home Builder: The Best Bathroom Lighting for Your Master Bath
- Choosing the Best Front Door for Your Luxury Custom Home
- Textured Walls Add Dimension to Your Luxury Custom Home
- Merry Christmas from Alford Homes!
- Beautiful Billiards Rooms in Luxury Custom Homes
- A Luxury Custom Home Builder: History of Plano
Category Archives: Uncategorized
Bathrooms are utilitarian, but are also a place to relax and unwind; therefore, when considering the lighting fixtures for the master bath in your luxury custom home, keep the dual role of bathroom lighting in mind. Light vs. Dark … Continue reading
When it comes to making a fabulous first impression at your luxury custom home, a major component to consider is your front door. No matter what style of home Alford Homes builds for you, the front door sets the mood … Continue reading
Adding textured plaster and finishes to your walls lends depth and character to your luxury custom home. It give an air of lavishness and opulence to spaces that otherwise may appear bland. Let’s take a look at some of the … Continue reading
Photo by Berit Watkin Christmas to Alford Homes is a time of Hope, Peace and Joy that is found in the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Christ IS the reason we celebrate Christmas. While it is not recorded historically … Continue reading
A standby in luxury custom homes, villas and mansions is the billiards room. Think of the classic movies where key scenes take place in a scrumptious, dark paneled billiards room set in a beautiful mansion. Many interesting conversations have been … Continue reading
The Shops of Legacy is a popular shopping and dining area close to Normandy Estates. Photo by Briget Murphy As a custom home builder, I find it interesting to learn more about the history of an area or city and … Continue reading
Decorating your luxury custom home for the holidays is a beautiful and joyous tradition with many families. Turn on some Christmas music, scent your home with fragrant holiday aromas, light a fire in the fireplace and let the decorating begin! … Continue reading
During the Civil War, President Abraham Lincoln issued a Thanksgiving Proclamation. Although several Northern States had been celebrating their own Thanksgiving Day on different dates, Lincoln responded to a request from a 74 year old magazine editor named Sarah Josepha Hale, … Continue reading
Education Matters – A School System can be a Deciding Factor in Choosing Where to Live and Build your New Luxury Home
Plano Schools Rank Top in the Nation: As a luxury home builder, realtor and father, I know that the educational system and the specific public and private schools your children will attend can be a large part of choosing where to … Continue reading
When looking at communities in which to build high-end speculative “spec” luxury homes, there are several factors that are important in order to meet my criterion for building in a new development. These requirements can also be helpful for prospective buyers … Continue reading