When it comes to making a fabulous first impression at your luxury custom home, a major component to consider is your front door. No matter what style of home Alford Homes builds for you, the front door sets the mood and expectations for you and your guests on approach and entry.
There are a number of elements to contemplate when designing your front door and nearby exterior space.
1. Material. Your front door will be battered by the elements, so whatever material you choose should be strong, tough and weather resistant.
2. Design. Will your door be smooth or have panels or other decorative details? Do you want a window transom or side panels? Would you like windows set into your front door, or a simple solid door? No answer is right and no answer is wrong – it all depends on the style of your house and our own personal taste. 3. Color. Do you want a door color that blends with the exterior of your house, or a bold color that makes a statement or evokes a mood?
3. Color. Do you want a door color that blends with the exterior of your house, or a bold color that makes a statement or evokes a mood?
4. Framing. Your door can be framed with stone, brick, wood, stucco or a combination. It can be simple framing or form a pattern – either simple or elaborate. Don’t let the framing overwhelm your door, though. Remember – framing your door is like framing a piece of art.
5. Hardware. Choose your hardware with care. Aside from givens like your door handle, knob or door lever, you may also choose to have a mail slot, and a door knocker installed on your door.
6. Balance: People find symmetry pleasing, so create balance around your front door with flower pots, urns, statuary, outdoor seating, columns and plantings.
Alford Homes has over 34 years of experience building luxury custom homes in the Dallas area, and together we can design a beautiful and unique front entrance for your dream home, that takes into consideration your personality and tastes. Alford Homes has been voted D Home Magazine’s – Best Builder 2005 – 2014. Call me today at 972-429-1074 and visit my website. I look forward to hearing from you!